surface transport. TRANSPORT the movement of people or goods by road, train, or ship, rather than by plane: The development of new links between the airport and surface transport has been slower than expected
Our primary function is to promote an affordable, integrated, safe, responsive and sustainable land transport system. One of the biggest challenges to supply chains in India is servicing growing demand despite India's current infrastructure Our Surface Transport Management solution is supported by delivery network across India with 7 years of experience and a fleet of over 15 vehicles.The Advantages of Surface Transporatation
1. Less Capital Outlay: Road transport required much less capital Investment as compared to other modes of transport such as railways and air transport. The cost of constructing, operating and maintaining roads is cheaper than that of the railways. Roads are generally constructed by the government and local authorities and only a small revenue is charged for the use of roads.
2. Door to Door Service: The outstanding advantage of road transport is that it provides door to door or warehouse to warehouse service. This reduces cartage, loading and unloading expenses.
3. Service in Rural Areas: Road transport is most suited for carrying goods and people to and from rural areas which are not served by rail, water or air transport. Exchange of goods, between large towns and small villages is made possible only through road transport.
4. Flexible Service: Road transport has a great advantage over other modes of transport for its flexible service, its routes and timings can be adjusted and changed to individual requirements without much inconvenience.
5. Suitable for Short Distance: It is more economic and quicker for carrying goods and people over short distances. Delays in transit of goods on account of intermediate loading and handling are avoided. Goods can be loaded direct into a road vehicle and transported straight to their place of destination.
6. Lesser Risk of Damage in Transit: As the intermediate loading and handling is avoided, there is lesser risk of damage, breakage etc. of the goods in transit. Thus, road transport is most suited for transporting delicate goods like chinaware and glassware, which are likely to be damaged in the process of loading and unloading.
7. Saving in Packing Cost: As compared to other modes of transport, the process of packing in motor transport is less complicated. Goods transported by motor transport require less packing or no packing in several cases.
8. Rapid Speed: If the goods are to be sent immediately or quickly, motor transport is more suited than the railways or water transport. Water transport is very slow. Also much time is wasted in booking the goods and taking delivery of the goods in case of railway and water transport.